Two-way communication and group chat in the background app
Localz is bringing Chat My Way to background app users, and adding group chat to your field service tool kit.
Chat My Way provides customers and mobile operatives with an easy way to communicate on the day of service. The latest release brings Chat My Way to background app users, and loops the contact centre into the conversation.
Chat My Way is perfect for background app users who want to:
- Reduce call-centre volumes by increasing visibility for customers.
- Empower technicians, customers and staff to share knowledge.
- Improve transparency by keeping communication in one place.
What's new at a glanceChat My Way in the background app: With the latest update, background app users can now benefit from Chat My Way functionality in addition to location tracking.
New group chat feature: Contact centre staff can view, participate in, and initiate a multiparty conversation with the customer and/or mobile operative.
Chat My Way in the background app
The Localz background app is a popular way of collecting an operative’s location without using the full Manage My Day app. It’s an ideal option if you use Localz alongside an existing mobile workforce app that can’t track location data.
Businesses using the background app can now benefit from Localz Chat My Way features.
Why use two-way chat?
Two-way communication empowers customers to share useful information on the day of service, such as:
“I’m in the garden so won’t hear the doorbell. Come through the side gate when you get here.”
“That was quick. I’m at a local shop but will be back by 3.15.”
“Please park at the building site around the back.”
In this way, two-way chat reduces stress on your call centre, and helps technicians to complete their work successfully.
How does it work?
Chat My Way lets customers communicate with their technician leading up to an appointment. Customers initiate and respond to messages through a web-based customer portal - so there’s no need to make a call or download an app.
Within the background app, a technician can:
- View their assigned jobs for the day.
- Access a dedicated area for chats.
- View and reply to messages from the contact centre and customers.
- Initiate a chat with the customer and/or contact centre.
New group chat feature
In addition to two-way communication, background app users can now take advantage of group chat functionality.
Group chat allows contact centre staff to communicate with the customer and driver, so a customer's question never goes unanswered.
Since chats take place in a closed environment, it's easy to keep track of business-related communications.
Why use group chat?
1. Knowledge sharing
With so much time spent on the road, technicians can’t always reply to customers. And sometimes, the contact centre is better placed to answer a question. That’s where group chat comes in handy.
If the technician is driving, or the customer needs help to reschedule, your office-based team can step in. Technicians can also message the contact centre directly if they need more information.
Customers benefit from faster resolution, and it’s easier for operatives to complete their day’s work.
Since mobile workers can chat to the contact centre directly, there's no need to rely on consumer messaging apps (like WhatsApp, for example). This makes it easier to keep business-related communications in one place.
All chat transcripts are stored and accessible via the Manage My Workforce dashboard and chats involving customers are stored alongside job details, so the whole process is auditable and transparent.
How does group chat work?
Customers receive an SMS or email reminder leading up to their appointment. Messages contain a link to a web-based customer portal, where customers can track their technician’s arrival and start a conversation.
Mobile operative experience
Field operatives can now use Chat My Way through the lightweight background app. Users will be able to:
- Receive a notification when the customer or contact centre sends a message.
- Initiate a chat with the customer and/or contact centre through the chat tab.
- Initiate a chat through the compose button from the main app screen.
Contact centre experience
Staff using the Manage My Workforce dashboard now have access to a dedicated Chat My Way page. This shows a list of current and historic chats, and a side menu of current chats in progress. Within the dashboard, users can:
- View or join a chat with a technician.
- View or join a three-way chat with the technician and customer.
- View open chats in the side window while navigating the dashboard.
- View a list of current and historical chats.
- View chat transcripts for a specific job.
Getting started with Chat My Way
Here’s how to add the latest Chat My Way features to your customer engagement tool kit:
- Already using the background app? Speak to your Customer Success Manager to enable Chat My Way now.
- Using the Manage My Day technician app? Ask your Customer Success Manager about the new group chat feature, coming soon.
- Partner with Localz? Get in touch to add Chat My Way to your service delivery offering.
Or if you’re new to Localz, book a consultation to find out more.